Composer: Bruce Hamilton
Instrumentation: solo for two snare drums and tape
Year Composed: 1989
Duration: 4 minutes
Cost: Purchase: $35.00
- Midwest Composersí Symposium, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL (November 1990)
- South Florida New Music Alliance (April 1990)
- New Horizons Festival, University Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX (March 1990)
- Electronic Plus Festival, Oberlin, OH (September 1989)
- Other university performances in the United States and Germany.
Chopel Perilous was written for percussionist Andrew Ditzler who premiered the work at Indiana University in April 1989. It can best be described as "an anxiety-ridden rock n' roll horror-show piece." The tape part was realized on a Tascam 388 (8-track) tape deck using various synthesizers, guitars, acoustic percussion and effects.